Monday, August 2, 2010

The MAN who created SDN is buiding Electric CARS !!!...

Hi All,


When I was checking my older emails, I found a mail which was subjected as ‘Good bye message from Shai’( Thu 3/29/2007 2:40 AM ) and this forced me to compose this below mail about a Man who created SDN(which is used by almost all SAP consultants worldwide) and now he is busy in building electric recharge grid for Electric cars !!!

The man named Shai Agassi (Israel Born), the California-based software superstar who wanted to run SAP but left the company on 28th March 2007(The day when SAP AG lost one of their best leader) when he didn’t get the top job, has come back into the spotlight as the CEO of an electric car start-up who is reminded of these successes – among so many when he was with SAP AG:

o SAP NetWeaver
o Composites/xApps
o Duet
o GRC
o Enterprise SOA
o Platform ecosystem
o Creation and launch of SAP Developer Network (SDN)
o BusinessOne

When someone asked Shai when he joined SAP AG during 2002 during a town hall meeting “why he is at SAP?” The answer he gave was that “I came to SAP to work and fell in love with the company”. Asked by Time how SAP could protect its market share, Agassi suggested that training people to use computers is "stupid". "What the world needs is systems trained to work with the people".

When he was leaving SAP during 2007 he said in his Good bye mail “I will now move on to my next challenge in life, hoping to apply what I have learned at SAP to create solutions for various problems that affect us all as a global tribe. I truly hope that my next set of challenges will be able to match the immense experience I gathered through my years at SAP. I leave the company with a heavy heart, feeling that I leave a home, yet I also feel that I am not leaving the family SAP has become for me. I hope to play some role in our community, and stay close to all of you – I am now your biggest fan”

The man who don’t want to wait couple of years to get the Top job at SAP AG and left the company to change and save the world. (On October 29, 2007) Exactly after 7 months, Shai publicly launched a company called as Project Better Place(Now it is known as Better Place). The main aim of the company is to reduce global dependency on petroleum through the creation of a market-based transportation infrastructure that supports electric vehicles and also to deliver the network and services that make an electric car affordable to buy, easy to use, and amazing to own. Subscription packages give drivers access to a network of charge spots, battery switch stations and systems that optimize the driving experience and minimize environmental impact and cost.

This is not the first time someone is building electric cars. GM designed an electric car in the 1990s. Several hundred EV1s were built and leased to generally enthusiastic owners. The cars were costly for GM to build, had a range of only 60 miles or so, and took a long time to recharge. The company abandoned the project and crushed all the cars.

Yes… but this is for the first time, where we can think of low cost Electric cars with low weight batteries and same efficiency as petrol engine and more importantly by saving this earth for the future generation.


All the best Shai !


References:
A mail subjected ‘Good bye message from Shai’( Thu 3/29/2007 2:40 AM ).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shai_Agassi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Place
http://www.betterplace.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment